How to Install a
Pocket Door Frame
JB Kind’s pocket door system is easier to install than most alternative brands on the market, fitted quickly and in half the time.
Supplied pre-assembled, the cassette structure does not come in a complicated kit format, so within just a few steps the pocket frame can be installed!
How to fit a Pocket Door System - Video
Here is a step by step video guide that shows how we fitted a double pocket door system into our Door Showroom
Additional benefits of JB Kind’s pocket door system include a protection plate that covers the pocket cavity during installation, keeping it free from the dust and dirt that is inevitable in a build environment. Plus the door can be fitted after all installation and decoration has been completed, avoiding any potential damage. This also means that you will have the flexibility to change your door choice in the future without any structural changes to the wall.
Follow the link for more information on our Pocket Door Systems, Pocket Door Accessories and a helpful step by step guide on how to order your Pocket door system.
Pocket door frame installation guide
Here is an easy 5 step guide to help explain the key steps involved when fitting a JB Kind pocket door frame. All of the information on this page is available to download in our handy Pocket Door System Information Guide.
Please note that detailed fitting instructions are supplied with all of our pocket door systems upon delivery.
1. Insert brackets (1) to the top of the aluminium rail (2). Later, the brackets will fix onto the wooden stud head.
2. The aluminium rail (2) slides into the top of the pocket cassette (5).
3. Join the metal jamb (3) to the top of the aluminium rail (2)
4. Fit the two spacer bars (4) between the removeable protection plate (6) and the metal jamb (3). Essential for ensuring the structure remains square during installation.
5. Plasterboard (7) can then be fixed directly to the cassette (5). When ready the door can be fitted and the timber accessory kit applied.
If fitting double pocket doors:
You will need the double leaf conversion kit with two single pocket door systems. The metal jambs (3) are not required and can be discarded. The double top rail supplied is fixed between the two single systems. Double spacers are also provided to keep the structure square.
Pocket Door Grooving:
A pocket door must be grooved to fit in the floor guide (see diagram). JB Kind’s in-house joinery workshop can pre-groove your doors prior delivery for a small additional charge.