J B Kind Ltd (J B Kind), incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 00090408 whose registered office is at: Portal Place, Astron Business Park, Hearthcote Road, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 9DW is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We are dedicated to the protection of your privacy, this policy is meant to help you understand what data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
Personal data is any piece of information that can be used to identify a person (whether directly or indirectly). J B Kind processes the personal data of persons if a (potential) customer relationship exists, and of persons who, for example, are employees of their (potential) customers.
These statements generally apply to your relationship with J B Kind in conjunction with your use of our services and products and forms the basis of our commitment to openness and transparency with your data.
(1) Collecting your Personal Information
- We will obtain personal data about you, including but not limited to:
- your name, email, postal address, telephone number(s) i.e. your contact details, whenever you complete an online form or make an enquiry;
- in general, all data required by J B Kind to offer you its products or services within the scope of and on the basis of the agreement conducted between J B Kind and you/your employer.
- We collect and store information when you visit any of our websites and, this may include using cookies and similar technologies to monitor site performance and build a profile of our users. When you interact with our services we may identify, for example:
- how many times you visit;
- what pages you go to within our website(s);
- your IP address;
- the originating domain name of your internet provider;
- identify your browser or device.
- Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how our website is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
- You can set your browser to block or disable cookies (see the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to see how), but doing this will mean certain personalised features of our websites can’t be provided to you and other parts may also not work properly.
The list below explains the cookies we use and why:
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
(2) Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to facilitate the provision of products and services you or your employer have requested;
- to help us identify you and any accounts you or your employer hold with us;
- undertaking credit checks;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your preferences;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- improving our services.
(3) Disclosure of your Personal Information
J B Kind does not and will not sell, rent or trade your personal information. We only forward your personal data to third parties; (i) in cases specified in these conditions, (ii) in accordance with the agreement concluded with you or your employer, and (iii) in the cases specified below:
- to third parties that process your personal data on our behalf (e.g., logistics partners);
- to third parties that perform credit worthiness checks or record payment behaviour on our behalf;
- to public authorities, courts, police authorities and judicial services that request the data from us or when we are required to do so by law;
- to any third party to which we assign our rights and obligations.
(4) Your rights as a Data Subject
You have the right to request access, rectification, removal and restriction of access to any personal data we may hold about you and, to ascertain the accuracy of that information. To apply for a ‘Subject Access Request’, an individual must:
- make the request in writing to: The Managing Director, J B Kind Limited, Portal Place, Astron Business Park, Hearthcote Road, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 9DW
- supply information to prove who they are to eliminate risk of unauthorised disclosure;
- supply appropriate information to help us locate the required information.
We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data; erased or rectified/amended. If your employer has an agreement with J B Kind and has a responsibility to process your data, we request that you first discuss this with your employer.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact us” section of our website. You can also report any issues or concerns to a national supervisory authority in the Member State of your residence or the place of the alleged infringement.
You can find a list of contact details for all EU supervisory authorities at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
As we are incorporated in the UK, our regulatory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact details can be found on its website at https://ico.org.uk.
(5) Security of your Personal Information
J B kind strictly protects the security of your personal information and honours choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored on secure servers that are housed in controlled environments to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
(6) How long we keep your Personal Data
J B Kind will only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for fulfilling the purpose for which the data was collected and for meeting legal, regulatory and/or internal requirements. If you withdraw your consent for us to hold your data, we will delete or destroy this immediately.
(7) Children’s Personal Information
J B Kind do not knowingly collect any personal information from children/minors under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through our Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through our Services without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a minor under the age of 18 has provided personal information to us through our Services, please contact us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
(8) Your Responsibilities
- If you give us information about other individuals, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal or sensitive personal data for the purposes and reasons set out in this Policy; and
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices.
- You must not use any product or services provided by us for any illegal purpose, or for accessing, receiving or transmitting any material deemed illegal, indecent, offensive or otherwise unacceptable under UK law. All passwords and usernames allocated to you must be kept secret and must not be disclosed to anyone without our prior written authorisation. You must not use any false identity in email or other network communications. You must not attempt or participate in the unauthorised entry or viewing of another user’s account or into another system.
- You must not use the services and/or systems or any part thereof for fraudulent activities, or to breach another organisation’s or individual’s security. This is an illegal act and prosecution under criminal law may result.
(9) Transfers outside the UK and EEA
Only where absolutely necessary in order to provide our products and services, we will transfer personal data to countries outside the United Kingdom (UK) and European Economic Area (EEA). Countries outside the UK and EEA have different data protection laws to the UK and EEA. Such countries may not provide the same degree of protection for your personal data. However, when transferring your personal data outside the UK and EEA, we will comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to your data. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
(10) Changes to this Statement
J B Kind reserves the right to update this statement.
Updated – August 2023