In May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the existing 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (European Directive 95/46/EC).
J B Kind Limited (J B Kind) aims to comply with the applicable GDPR regulations as a data processor and controller. Working alongside its employees and suppliers it will comply when the GDPR legislation takes effect on 25th May 2018.
Collecting your Personal Information
- We will obtain personal data about you, including but not limited to:
- your name, email, postal address, telephone number(s) i.e. your contact details, whenever you complete an online form or make an enquiry;
- in general, all data required by J B Kind to offer you its products or services within the scope of and on the basis of the agreement conducted between J B Kind and you/your employer.
- We collect and store information when you visit our website. This may include using cookies and similar technologies to monitor site performance and build a profile of our users. When you interact with our services we may identify, for example:
- how many times you visit;
- what pages you go to within our website(s);
- your IP address;
- the originating domain name of your internet provider;
- identity your browser or device.
- Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how our website is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
- You can set your browser to block or disable cookies (see the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to see how), but doing this will mean certain personalised features of our websites can’t be provided to you and other parts may also not work properly.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information to facilitate the provision of products and services you or your employer have requested to;
- help us identify you and any accounts you or your employer hold with us;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your preferences;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- improving our services.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
J B Kind does not and will not sell, rent or trade your personal information. We only forward your personal data to third parties; (i) in cases specified in these conditions, (ii) in accordance with the agreement concluded with you or your employer, and (iii) in the cases specified below:
- to third parties that process your personal data on our behalf (e.g., third party logistics partners);
- to third parties that supply products or services to you on our behalf;
- to third parties that perform credit worthiness checks or record payment behaviour on our behalf (with your specific permission on each occasion);
- to public authorities, courts, police authorities and judicial services that request the data from us or when we are required to do so by law;
- to any third party to which we assign our rights and obligations.
Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to any personal data we may hold about you and, to ascertain the accuracy of that information. To apply for a ‘Subject Access Request’, an individual must:
- make the request in writing to: The Managing Director, J B Kind Limited, Portal Place, Astron Business Park, Hearthcote Road, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 9DW
- supply information to prove who they are to eliminate risk of unauthorised disclosure;
- supply appropriate information to help us locate the required information.
We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data; erased or rectified/amended. If your employer has an agreement with J B Kind and has a responsibility to process your data, we request that you first discuss this with your employer.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Security of your Personal Information
J B Kind strictly protects the security of your personal information and honours choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored on secure servers that are housed in controlled environments to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
J B Kind will only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for fulfilling the purpose for which the data was collected and for meeting legal, regulatory and/or internal requirements.
J B Kind would keep data on file for a period of 6 years unless otherwise stipulated. Data will be hard erased after this time unless the data subject requests otherwise. Data subjects have the right to request personal data on them in a portable format. Data subjects must request, by letter, stipulating what data they would like access to, and this will be processed within 10 working days. We would send confirmation of this either by email or letter (whichever is most appropriate).
Subjects of data have the right to be forgotten and erased from records upon request. Subjects must request their data by letter or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stipulating what data they would like erased and this will be processed within 15 working days. We would send confirmation of this either by email or letter.
J B Kind review the systems in place and aim to improve this continuously. This statement aims to outline its GDPR strategy and policies surrounding data control and processing. This statement is provided to explain J B Kind’s stance on GDPR legislation and compliance. It is subject to change or removal without notice an updated copy will always be available on our website including our privacy-policy
Updated – 10 May 2018