JB Kind Ltd recognises that it has a legal and moral responsibility to manage its activities in such a way so as to reduce the detrimental impact on the environment.
To this end, JB Kind Ltd will adopt a philosophy of ‘beyond minimum compliance’ at all levels of its operations to ensure that the impact of pollution and environmental disruption is reduced as much as possible.
This will involve: -
- Compliance with all environmental legal requirements, regulations and guidance.
- Integration of environmental factors into business decisions.
- Planning work systems and practices so as to give due consideration as to their potential environmental impact.
- So far as it is possible to prevent the illegal deposit, disposal or treatment of controlled waste by any person where that waste has been, or will be under the control of the company.
- Where possible, seek to influence the design and specification of construction projects so as to ensure that environmental impact is minimised as far as it reasonably practical.
- Ensuring considered use of resources of all kinds, including the promotion of recycled and recyclable materials wherever possible.
- Establishing company procedures to ensure that waste is managed in line with legislation and that all parties involved in the waste production, transportation, transfer and disposal process comply with their Duty of Care regarding waste control.
- Periodically review environmental legislation to which the organisation’s activities are subject to ensure continued compliance with both the letter and spirit of legislation.
All doors supplied by JB Kind are primarily made from wood, a material which is probably the most environmentally friendly known to man. Eminently sustainable, wood has the capacity to store long-term carbon dioxide in the manufactured product. When processed, wood uses less energy than the production of all other competing materials.
JB Kind is not content to accept the pedigree of the material alone and every effort is made to ensure suppliers are procuring their lumber from legal and sustainable sources.
Many of our product ranges are sourced from F.S.C (Forest Stewardship Council) Chain of Custody suppliers with others in the process of achieving this status.
JB Kind has FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification (NC-COC-014898) for certain products and is actively working with all timber product suppliers to achieve 100% compliance.
Protecting the environment not only makes good commercial sense but is also an investment in our future, both short term and long term. JB Kind Ltd, therefore, firmly commit to adopting this policy as a means to achieving this.